Position: Project Manager
Job Status/Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid - Burton upon Trent or based in our Oldham office.
Salary: £40,000 - 50,000 DOE
Rewards4 are the largest operator of sports-based loyalty and reward programmes in the UK and Ireland.
Our business is trusted by over 60+ sports clubs, racecourses, and sports organisations and with over two million passionate sports fans saving over £55 million on tickets and merchandise, we are growing at pace.
Based in our offices in Burton on Trent, with the opportunity for hybrid working, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking, dynamic and agile Project Manager to join our ever-growing team.
Successfully leading our cross-functional, multi-disciplinary production teams in the delivery of partner onboarding projects and other internal project management requirements, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely with our account management, Product owner, creative and development teams to lead the effective planning and delivery of new partner onboarding projects.
- Work closely with other departments, to lead the project management of internal business improvement and BAU projects
- Become the inside “OKR champion” and actively manage the programme of projects by engaging and encouraging all stakeholders accountable for delivery.
- Take ownership for managing the scope, tasks, milestones, resources, issues, and risks for all partner focused onboarding projects whilst simultaneously managing other internal projects.
- Identify project dependencies and create relevant dependency mapping (internal and external).
- Responsible for providing frequent milestone status updates, bringing to project stakeholders attention any changing capacity constraints, risks, or blockers.
- Create and maintain all project management artifacts and plans, ensuring that all projects are successfully completed on time and within budget.
- Take ownership of all project management documentation, ensuring that required improvements are made to provide a standard and consistent approach to reporting.
- Assist in devising, implementing, and leading the project management road map.
- Through thorough project planning, assist and aid the business in deciding the most impactful, and commercial project priorities by informing of schedule, project timeframes, risk, resource requirements, and required budgets.
- Proactively seeking to imbed continuous improvements, innovations, and best practice in project processes.
- Lead on the development and implementation of meaningful project management KPI’s and OKR’s.
- Develop and deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly project reporting documentation, plans, updates, and milestone summaries showing changing risks to projects and the wider business.
- Ensure timely delivery of project status reports to SLT, partners and other stakeholders.
- Take ownership of the company Risk Register, focusing on associated improvement projects.
- Central ownership of wider OKRs tracking, and monitoring.
- Manage the wider business incident reporting process whilst undertaking any required investigations.
People and Leadership
- Draw on leadership skills; bringing stakeholders together, encouraging collaboration and teamwork so as to guide projects through to successful completion.
- Act as key client interface from project initiation through to final delivery and handover.
- Responsible for identifying and assigning project tasks based on the skill sets, experience, and strengths of team members.
- Facilitating workshops, meetings (face to face and online) and enabling others to work efficiently and without distraction, removing blockers where they appear.
- Conduct “wash-ups” and retrospectives with project teams, summarising the end of a project and drawing on future improvements.
What we are looking for:
- Strong track record in leading project management within a software delivery environment.
- Proven experience in managing projects involving multiple technologies (SaaS, Websites, Apps, APIs etc.)
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology and project control best practice.
- Experienced in monitoring and controlling all risks and ensuring project governance.
- Experienced in software (SDLC) and IT delivery environment/agile working methodologies.
- Experience of using CMS systems, API integrations and deployment of websites.
- Deep understanding of new partner/client onboarding process and associated tasks.
- Ability to lead multiple and diverse projects simultaneously and maintain accurate plans.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to align teams and successfully communicate (both oral and written) across different project workstreams such as IT, development, product, marketing, success, and support.
- Strong Excel, IT, and system skills. Experience in utilising collaboration and product management tools such as ASANA, Trello, Zoho Projects, MS Project, Jira etc.
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Comfortable in being able to hold teams accountable for the part they play in the project process and communicate updates and changes comfortably at all levels.
- Strong customer-facing and client management skills.
- Quick to overcome / navigate problems and liaise with relevant teams to ensure the right outcomes.
- Financial management experience - managing budgets and realizing the value of projects
- Degree qualified or relevant experience.
- Appropriate project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, APM, or equivalent qualification).
- Our approach is hybrid – standard working is three days office-bound, two days remote.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance x 4 basic salary.
- Private Medical Cover.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Your Birthday off.
- Early finish service anniversary.
- Regular learning and development down-time.
- A dynamic social environment, some sport-related, some not, company-wide celebrations, Christmas gatherings, and great coffee to name a few!
- The opportunity to work for a company that encourages you to develop, grow and be part of a passionate and fun team.
As a new role within our business, the successful candidate will be skilled in working in an agile environment, and will be looking at developing their career, having the drive to build and develop a PMO team as the business continues to grow.